Registration materials are DUE JUNE 1st for Wisconsin Residential Camp and JULY 1st for Day Camp. The deadline for registering to attend Residential Camp in Minnesota was May 1st.
It’s going to be another stellar summer with new and old friends connecting special hearts – camp is good medicine!
New families and parents:
- Parents often want to know if their child is ready for a camp experience. While there isn’t one “sure fire” way to determine this, the questions in Ditter’s Ready, Set, Go! document can be used to help determine a child’s readiness.
- Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page to review our criteria for acceptance and contact us with any questions you may have!
- The charge for a camp session is $25! Financial support is available for camp and for transportation.
Summer Camp Dates & Locations:
- July 9-13, 2018 (Chippewa: Grades 1-6)* Crosslake, MN
- July 16-20, 2018 (Flambeau: Grades 6-8)* Crosslake, MN
- July 23-27, 2018 (Namekagon: Grades 9-11) Crosslake, MN
- July 30-August 3, 2018 (Nokasippi: Grades 1-11) Elkhorn, WI
- August 6-10, 2018 (Day Camp: Grades K-3) St. Paul, MN
*6th grade is a float grade. If your 6th grader is in elementary school this year, please sign them up to attend Chippewa week. If they are in middle school this year, please sign them up to attend Flambeau week.
Details to read before you start the application process:
- Please read the applicable camper information packet.
- MN Residential Camp Information Packet: http://campodayin.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2018-MINNESOTA-RESIDENTIAL-CAMP-INFORMATION-PACKET.pdf
- WI Residential Camp Information Packet: http://campodayin.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2018-WISCONSIN-RESIDENTIAL-CAMP-INFORMATION-PACKET.pdf
- MN Day Camp Information Packet: http://campodayin.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2018_day_camp_info_packet.pdf
- Choose the camp date based on your child’s CURRENT grade.
There are four steps to the registration process. Steps one and four are completed by you, steps two and three are completed by your child’s cardiology office. Here are the steps in detail:
- Online registration – You will fill out the online registration form and will need:
- Your child’s cardiac diagnosis, current medication and allergy information
- Information about special education services or accommodations at school. If your child is on an IEP or 504 plan at school, please mail or email (email@example.com) a copy of the plan to Camp Odayin.
- Insurance information (if you have insurance)
- Payment made via credit card
- Medical form is filled out by a nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic. Once you complete the online registration, we notify your child’s cardiology clinic. Your clinic will submit the completed medical form and clinic notes from your child’s last appointment, including test results.
- Cardiologist approval – Once the nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic completes the medical form, the cardiologist is notified to provide approval.
- General physical exam form – Your child will need to receive a general physical exam from a pediatrician (not their cardiologist). The Camper Physical Exam Form is completed and returned to Camp Odayin by May 1st for Residential Campers and July 1st for Day Campers.
- Camper Physical Exam Form: http://campodayin.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-Physical-Exam-Form.pdf
- NOTE: The physical exam is required in order for your child’s application to be considered complete. We encourage you to make the appointment soon. Please contact your insurance provider if you will need to arrange for an earlier physical. There will be an option for you to upload the physical document during the registration process, or you may fax or email after your child’s appointment.
When will you hear from us?
- Accepted Residential campers will hear from us in June with additional camp details. Day campers will hear from us in July.
- If your child does not meet our criteria for acceptance we will contact you in May when all forms are reviewed by our medical and leadership teams.
- Log in via your username and password. New users – create an account on the right side of the page. Do not use your camper’s name with your new user account, please use your name.
- Returning users, please select “account settings” to update your profile information. Click on Dashboard.
- Click ‘Camp / Program Registration’
- Select the camp session your child will attend, based on his/her current grade
- If you have registered in our system previously, select your child’s name. If you are new to our online system, you will be prompted to ‘Add a New Camper’.
We’re looking forward to another awesome summer together. At Camp Odayin… kids play, worries rest, fun happens!
Please contact Kris Lukkarila, Office Manager with camper application questions: firstname.lastname@example.org