This has been an incredible year! Camp Odayin’s life-changing programs served 824 people – a record number! In addition, we added a fundraiser in Milwaukee and an incredible Moms Retreat weekend. All along the way, many new friends were made and existing bonds deepened. Read all about it in the 2018 year end edition of The Beat…
We’re excited to announce the dates for our 2019 Residential and Day Camp programs!
- July 8-12 (Chippewa: Grades 1-6*) – MN
- July 15-19 (Flambeau: Grades 6-8*) – MN
- July 22-26 (Namekagon: Grades 9-11) – MN
- July 29-August 2 (Nokasippi: Grades 1-11) – WI
- August 5-9 (Day Camp: K-3rd Grade) – MN
Please contact us to be added to our email list to receive camper registration details in early March.
Camp Odayin is excited and honored to be highlighted at a Minnesota Twins game AND a Madison Mallards game this summer. Mark your calendars and check out the fun details…
MINNESOTA TWINS – AUGUST 16
Camp Odayin will be receiving the proceeds from tickets sold via the link below, for MedTech Awareness night at Target Field on Thursday, August 16th. The Minnesota Twins will play the Detroit Tigers at 7:10 pm.
Tickets: $15+ each
Purchase Twins MedTech Night Tickets
Purchase deadline: July 26
Twins MedTech Facebook Event
MADISON MALLARDS – AUGUST 7
Camp Odayin will be the nonprofit spotlight organization during double header Madison Mallards baseball games on Tuesday, August 7th at Warner Park in Madison, WI. There are games at 4:05 and 7:35, which feature the top 100 players in Northwoods League. Tickets purchased can be used for either one or both of the games.
Please use the following promotional codes when purchasing tickets:
1 seat + Mallards hat =
$10 – Promo: CO HAT
1 seat + 90 minutes all you can eat ballpark food & drink =
$20 (soda) – Promo: CO SODA
$25 (beer) – Promo: CO BEER
To purchase tickets, use the codes above in the promotional section at:
Mallards Facebook Event
Registration materials are DUE JUNE 1st for Wisconsin Residential Camp and JULY 1st for Day Camp. The deadline for registering to attend Residential Camp in Minnesota was May 1st.
It’s going to be another stellar summer with new and old friends connecting special hearts – camp is good medicine!
New families and parents:
- Parents often want to know if their child is ready for a camp experience. While there isn’t one “sure fire” way to determine this, the questions in Ditter’s Ready, Set, Go! document can be used to help determine a child’s readiness.
- Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page to review our criteria for acceptance and contact us with any questions you may have!
- The charge for a camp session is $25! Financial support is available for camp and for transportation.
Summer Camp Dates & Locations:
- July 9-13, 2018 (Chippewa: Grades 1-6)* Crosslake, MN
- July 16-20, 2018 (Flambeau: Grades 6-8)* Crosslake, MN
- July 23-27, 2018 (Namekagon: Grades 9-11) Crosslake, MN
- July 30-August 3, 2018 (Nokasippi: Grades 1-11) Elkhorn, WI
- August 6-10, 2018 (Day Camp: Grades K-3) St. Paul, MN
*6th grade is a float grade. If your 6th grader is in elementary school this year, please sign them up to attend Chippewa week. If they are in middle school this year, please sign them up to attend Flambeau week.
Details to read before you start the application process:
- Please read the applicable camper information packet.
- Choose the camp date based on your child’s CURRENT grade.
There are four steps to the registration process. Steps one and four are completed by you, steps two and three are completed by your child’s cardiology office. Here are the steps in detail:
- Online registration – You will fill out the online registration form and will need:
- Your child’s cardiac diagnosis, current medication and allergy information
- Information about special education services or accommodations at school. If your child is on an IEP or 504 plan at school, please mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of the plan to Camp Odayin.
- Insurance information (if you have insurance)
- Payment made via credit card
- Medical form is filled out by a nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic. Once you complete the online registration, we notify your child’s cardiology clinic. Your clinic will submit the completed medical form and clinic notes from your child’s last appointment, including test results.
- Cardiologist approval – Once the nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic completes the medical form, the cardiologist is notified to provide approval.
- General physical exam form – Your child will need to receive a general physical exam from a pediatrician (not their cardiologist). The Camper Physical Exam Form is completed and returned to Camp Odayin by May 1st for Residential Campers and July 1st for Day Campers.
- Camper Physical Exam Form: http://campodayin.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-Physical-Exam-Form.pdf
- NOTE: The physical exam is required in order for your child’s application to be considered complete. We encourage you to make the appointment soon. Please contact your insurance provider if you will need to arrange for an earlier physical. There will be an option for you to upload the physical document during the registration process, or you may fax or email after your child’s appointment.
When will you hear from us?
- Accepted Residential campers will hear from us in June with additional camp details. Day campers will hear from us in July.
- If your child does not meet our criteria for acceptance we will contact you in May when all forms are reviewed by our medical and leadership teams.
CLICK HERE ONLINE CAMPER REGISTRATION
- Log in via your username and password. New users – create an account on the right side of the page. Do not use your camper’s name with your new user account, please use your name.
- Returning users, please select “account settings” to update your profile information. Click on Dashboard.
- Click ‘Camp / Program Registration’
- Select the camp session your child will attend, based on his/her current grade
- If you have registered in our system previously, select your child’s name. If you are new to our online system, you will be prompted to ‘Add a New Camper’.
We’re looking forward to another awesome summer together. At Camp Odayin… kids play, worries rest, fun happens!
Please contact Kris Lukkarila, Office Manager with camper application questions: email@example.com
Our hearts are full of gratitude for all the friends who helped 757 campers experience the power of belonging at Camp Odayin in 2017.
Generosity during Give to the Max Day last Thursday was particularly remarkable. $30,187 was donated, bringing the total along with the match to $60,187! Thanks for your support of Odayin and of campers like Rachael…
We’re so grateful to everyone who participated in, volunteered at or sponsored the 2017 Heart & Sole Run / Walk. September 23rd was a beautiful morning of fitness and fun for the whole family presented by Boston Scientific and emceed by Sven Sundgaard of KARE 11. The groovy fun event included an inflatable bounce house for the kids and a tie dye station for all ages. A remarkable $35,000 was raised at the 2017 run /walk to support Camp Odayin’s programs for children with heart disease.
Heart & Sole Presenting Sponsor
Director Level Sponsors
New Horizon Academy
Parents for Heart of Minnesota
Counselor Level Sponsors
University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital
Camper Level Sponsors
Emily and Carey Otto
This summer, Camp Odayin served 345 young people with heart disease from 16 states! Expanded programming with the launch of a new Residential Camp in Elkhorn, Wisconsin has meant camp friends and fun for more kids than ever before. Check out some of the smiling faces and learn more about the happenings at Camp Odayin in THE BEAT…
Download the Summer Edition of THE BEAT
We simply cannot thank participants, sponsors and volunteers enough for their generous support at the Whole Heart Golf and Tennis Tournament. With their kindness, we raised over $75,000 for our programs and mission! These significant funds will be used to provide life changing experiences for hundreds of children with heart disease. It was a great day in spite of disappointing weather and a shortened round of golf. Check out the 2017 Whole Heart Photo Album!
Have a Heart Benefit guests, sponsors, donors and volunteers made a huge impact on children with heart disease and filled our hearts with gratitude on April 8th! The inspiring campers, the silliness at Hammer-Schlagen, the rockin’ band… It all made for such a memorable evening and we’re so grateful.
The most remarkable aspect of the benefit was the amount raised to send superstar kids like the Border Feud game show contestants to camp. During the live ask alone, pledge cards, along with the St. Jude Medical match totaled $23,000! Overall, proceeds of the event broke all previous Camp Odayin fundraising records, raising an unbelievable $92,000!!
Enjoy the Have a Heart Album of the Mobile Photo Wall, Album by Lisa Venticinque Photography and video of Camper Border Feud! Stay tuned and ready to save the date for 2018…
It’s been an incredible 2016! Check out the Winter Newsletter to read how campers lives were impacted this year and learn about all we’re looking forward to in the year to come!
Download the Winter Edition of THE BEAT