2019 Camp Dates
August 5-9, 2019 (Day Camp: grades K-3) – St. Paul, MN
Register a Camper
Deadline for Day Camp is July 1st.
New users – create an account on the right side of the page. Do not use your camper’s name with your new user account, please use your name.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EXAM FORM
In addition to the registration form, a physical exam is required for your child’s application to be considered complete. We encourage you to make the appointment soon. Please contact your insurance provider if you will need to arrange for an earlier physical to meet the registration deadline. There is an option for you to upload the physical document during the registration process, or you may fax or email after your child’s appointment.
¿Necesitas ayuda en Español? Envíanos un mensaje a email@example.com para aprender más sobre Camp Odayin, contestar tus preguntas y obtener ayuda llenando la aplicación.
There are four steps to the registration process. Steps one and four are completed by you, steps two and three are completed by your child’s cardiology office. Here are the steps in detail:
1. Online registration – You will fill out the online registration form and will need:
- Your child’s cardiac diagnosis, current medication and allergy information
- Physical form and photo. Or alternatively, you can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) these items after submitting the online form.
- Information about special education services or accommodations at school. If your child is on an IEP or 504 plan at school, please mail or email (email@example.com) a copy of the plan to Camp Odayin.
- Insurance information (if you have insurance)
- Payment made via credit card
2. Medical form is filled out by a nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic. Once you complete the online registration, we notify your child’s cardiology clinic. Your clinic will submit the completed medical form and clinic notes from your child’s last appointment, including test results.
3. Cardiologist approval – Once the nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic completes the medical form, the cardiologist is notified to provide approval.
4. General physical exam form – Your child will need to receive a general physical exam from a pediatrician (not their cardiologist). Camper Physical Exam Form
When will you hear from us?
- Accepted Day campers will hear from us in July.
- If your child does not meet our criteria for acceptance we will contact you when all forms are reviewed by our medical and leadership teams.
Camp Odayin’s Day Camp is for children with heart disease that are in grades K-3, who would benefit from connecting with other young people who may share similar health, emotional, and social concerns. The program is Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Camper eligibility is determined upon recommendation by a pediatric cardiologist and approval by the Camp Odayin Medical Director. The camp director and your child’s cardiologist can help you assess if your child should attend camp. The only charge to a camper is $25.
View a Camp Odayin informational video filmed at Day Camp following the receipt of Pediatric Home Service’s Top Spot Award in 2017
Camper applications are available in early March, and are due July 1st. Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis. After your child’s registration is complete, you will receive packing lists and additional details. Please contact us to request to be on our mailing list.
As part of the registration process, campers need to receive a general physical exam from a pediatrician (not their cardiologist) within one year of the first day of camp. For Day Campers, this is due July 1st.
August 6-10, 2018 – PHOTOS
Camp Odayin’s Day Camp is located at Dodge Nature Center in West St. Paul, Minnesota. Located on 320 acres of diverse landscape, Dodge Nature Center offers a variety of experiences with over five miles of hiking trails, prairie and oak savanna restoration projects, bridges over small streams and a 550 foot boardwalk across a large pond. The Nature Center also includes a demonstration farm, apple orchard, apiary and unique classrooms.
A sample day at Camp Odayin
- 9:00 AM Drop-Off
- 9:05 AM Flag
- 9:15 AM Activity 1 (arts and crafts, group games, nature, etc.)
- 10:00 AM Activity 2
- 10:30 AM Snack
- 10:45 AM Dodge Nature Center program
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Activity 3
- 1:45 PM Activity 4
- 2:30 PM Snack
- 3:00 PM Pick Up
Camp Odayin serves all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.