Information for Registered Campers
Download the Day Camp Medication Form – Complete and Bring to Day Camper Check-in
Download the Graduate Camp Medication Form – Complete and Bring to Graduate Camper Check-in
Pre-Camp COVID-19 Testing Requirement – Regardless of vaccination status, all campers and staff must provide a negative COVID test prior to attending all in-person camp sessions. This test may be taken no earlier than the Monday prior to each Day Camp Session and no earlier than Tuesday for Graduate Retreat. Test results must be shared with the Camp Odayin office at least one day before the camp session starts. If we do not receive the test result before the start of camp, your child will not be able to attend.
Summer Camp Dates and Locations
Day Camps for 1-11 graders (based on child’s current grade)
- July 10-11 near Chicago (Northbrook, IL) – PHOTOS
- July 17-18 near Milwaukee (Hartland, WI) – PHOTOS
- July 17-18 near East Twin Cities (Hudson, WI) – PHOTOS
- July 24-25 near West Twin Cities (Mound, MN) – PHOTOS
- August 15 near Cedar Rapids – Camp Wapsie, 2174 Wapsie Y Rd., Coggon, IA 52218
Graduate Overnight Camp for 11th and 12th graders (based on child’s current grade)
- August 8-10 Graduate Overnight Camp (11th & 12th grade only) – Camp Knutson, 11148 Manhattan Pt. Blvd., Crosslake, MN 56442
Hearts@Home Virtual Camp for 1-11th graders (based on child’s current grade)
- July 27-29 on Zoom – visit the Hearts@Home virtual camp webpage for more information
Day Camp Overview
Camp Odayin’s 2021 day camp programs are for children with heart disease in grades 1-11, who would benefit from connecting with other young people who may share similar health, emotional, and social concerns. Camper eligibility is determined upon recommendation by a pediatric cardiologist and approval by the Camp Odayin Medical Director. The camp director and your child’s cardiologist can help you assess if your child should apply to attend camp. The only charge to a camper is $25.
Campers can only attend one location/day camp, preferably near their hometown. Each day of day camp is from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Throughout the entire day camp experience, campers will be in small cabin cohorts staffed by volunteer camp counselors and nurses. Weather permitting, all activities and lunch will occur outside. Activities will vary from location to location, but campers will have an opportunity to try new things and experience traditional camp activities. COVID-19 precautions will be in place including, but not limited to, health screenings at check-in, social distancing, and masks when not eating, drinking, or swimming.
Campers can attend a day camp and Hearts@Home virtual camp. If interested in attending both, please register for the day camp and choose Hearts@Home within that application as your additional session. This way you only have to fill out one form!
Graduate Overnight Camp Overview
Young people with heart disease in grades 11 & 12 are invited to attend a special overnight session filled with fun and friendship at Camp Knutson in Crosslake, MN. The program will be structured similarly to our Residential Camp experience with small cabin groups supported by camp counselors and nurses. Visit Camp Odayin’s Summer COVID-19 Protocols for more detailed information about the Graduate Camp experience.
11th graders can also attend day camp and/or Hearts@Home. Within the Graduate Overnight Camp application, there is an option to also sign up for a day camp and/or Hearts@Home.
There is a $25 registration fee per camper per session. Therefore, if you sign up for in-person and virtual camp, there is a $50 registration fee per camper. A $0-$700 sliding payment scale is available to ensure that cost is not a barrier to joining us and also allows us an opportunity for families to pay more to help cover costs. Any remaining funds will be raised by Camp Odayin on your behalf.
We offer transportation support by reimbursing your family up to $300 for your travel costs (hotel/accommodations, flight, gas) to get to and from camp. Contact email@example.com for details on the travel cost reimbursement process.
Bus transportation to Day Camps and Angel Flights will not be provided this summer.
For Graduate Overnight Camp, transportation between the Twin Cities and Camp Knutson will be offered to campers and staff. Following camper check-in, campers will be transported in separate large vans exclusively with campers in their small cabin group. Masks will be required while riding in the vans and windows will be opened intermittently to allow for fresh airflow. Check-in and pick up will also be available at Camp Knutson for campers whose families choose to provide their own transportation. Families will be contacted in June to confirm their interest in the transportation provided by Camp Odayin.
There are three steps to the registration process. Step one is completed by you, the final two steps are completed by your child’s cardiology office.
- Go to https://portal.campodayin.org/ for online registration. You will need to fill out the online registration form in one sitting. To do so, you will need:
- Your child’s cardiac diagnosis, current medication and allergy information
- Information about special education services or accommodations at school.
- Immunization dates
- Insurance information (if you have insurance)
- Payment made via credit card
- Medical form is filled out by a nurse at your child’s cardiology clinic. Once you complete the online registration, our system will automatically request the forms required by your child’s cardiology office. We work with your child’s cardiology clinic to complete the form and obtain recent clinic notes and test results.
- Cardiologist approval – Once the medical form is complete, the cardiologist is notified to provide approval.
- All registration materials are due May 16th.
- The Camp Odayin staff will work with your child’s cardiologist clinic to get medical files and approval.
- Our medical directors will review camper files mid-May. Families will be contacted if we have questions or if application items are missing.
- Confirmation of camp registration will be sent in June.
Please contact us to request to be on our heart family email list.