2020 Residential Camp Dates
- July 13-17, 2020 (Chippewa: Grades 1-6*) – Crosslake, MN
- July 20-24, 2020 (Flambeau: Grades 6-8*) – Crosslake, MN
- July 27-31, 2020 (Namekagon: Grades 9-11) – Crosslake, MN
- July 27-31, 2020 (Nokasippi: Grades 1-11) – Elkhorn, WI
*In Minnesota, 6th grade is a float grade.
Registration is based on child’s current grade (2019-2020 school year).
Residential Camp registration is due May 1st.
New users – create an account on the right side of the page. Do not use your camper’s name with your new user account, please use your name.
¿Necesitas ayuda en Español? Envíanos un mensaje a email@example.com para aprender más sobre Camp Odayin, contestar tus preguntas y obtener ayuda llenando la aplicación.
- Your child’s cardiac diagnosis, current medication and allergy information
- Information about special education services or accommodations at school. If your child is on an IEP or 504 plan at school, please mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of the plan to Camp Odayin.
- Immunization dates
- Insurance information (if you have insurance)
- Payment made via credit card
3. Cardiologist approval – Once the medical form is complete, the cardiologist is notified to provide approval.
When will you hear from us?
- Accepted MN and WI Residential campers will hear from us in June with additional camp details.
- If your child does not meet our criteria for acceptance we will contact you in May when all forms are reviewed by our medical and leadership teams.
Need help with the online registration form?
- Log in HERE via your username and password. New users – create an account on the right side of the page. Do not use your camper’s name with your new user account, please use your name. Returning users can contact email@example.com if they have issues with logging in.
- Returning users, please select “account settings” to update your profile information. Click on Dashboard.
- Click ‘Camp / Program Registration’
- Select the camp session your child will attend, based on their current grade
- If you have registered in our system previously, select your child’s name. If you are new to our online system, you will be prompted to ‘Add a New Camper’.
Camp Odayin’s residential program is for children with heart disease in grades 1-11, who would benefit from connecting with other young people who may share similar health, emotional, and social concerns. Camper eligibility is determined upon recommendation by a pediatric cardiologist and approval by the Camp Odayin Medical Director. The camp director and your child’s cardiologist can help you assess if your child should apply to attend camp. The only charge to a camper is $25.
Camper registration is available in early March. The registration deadline is May 1st.
Please contact us to request to be on our heart families mailing list.
Parents often want to know if their child is ready for a camp experience. While there isn’t one “sure fire” way to determine this, the questions in Ditter’s Ready, Set, Go! document can be used to help determine a child’s readiness. Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
2019 Residential Camp Photos
We cover your child’s cost to attend camp if you are unable. You decide the level of payment you are comfortable with during the registration process. The remaining funds will be raised by Camp Odayin on your behalf. If you have questions on the cost of camp, contact the Camp Odayin office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer transportation support by reimbursing your family up to $300 for your travel costs. Contact the Camp Odayin office at email@example.com for details on the travel cost reimbursement process.
Camp Odayin hosts Residential Camp in two locations, campers may choose to attend only one session/location of Residential Camp…
One Residential Camp session for campers in grades 1-11 is hosted at Camp Lutherdale in Elkhorn, WI on beautiful spring fed Lauderdale Lakes. Camp Lutherdale is located 45 miles from Milwaukee, 60 miles from Madison and 70 miles from Chicago. Round trip transportation is provided to Camp Lutherdale from Menomonee Falls (Milwaukee), WI and Rosemont (Chicago), IL. A bus leaves Monday morning and returns Friday afternoon.
Directions to Residential Camp at Camp Lutherdale
Three sessions, divided by age, are located at Camp Knutson in Crosslake, Minnesota on a peninsula of 30 acres of beautiful forest with a mile of private shoreline on Trout and Lower Whitefish Lakes. Camp Knutson is just a 3 hour drive north of the Minneapolis/ St.Paul area. Round trip transportation is provided to Camp Knutson from Minneapolis. A bus leaves Monday morning and returns Friday afternoon. The drop off and pick up site is close to the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport to accommodate our campers arriving via plane.
Download a map of directions to Residential Camp at Camp Knutson (187 KB)
A sample day at Camp Odayin
- 8:15 AM Breakfast
- 8:45 AM Cabin clean up
- 9:15 AM Three or four activity rotations (archery, horseback riding, arts & crafts, nature, boat rides, geocaching, and more) through out the morning.
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 PM Rest hour
- 2:30 PM Waterfront Time (Swimming, canoeing, waterskiing, tubing, snorkeling, paddleboats, fishing)
- 4:30 PM Cabin time/ Free time/ Shower hour
- 5:30 PM Dinner
- 6:00 PM All camp games/activities
- 6:30 PM Evening activities (such as campfire, carnival, disco BINGO, Hawaiian Luau, Country Ho Down, talent show)
- 9:00 PM Snack and Cabin closing
- 9:30/10:00 PM Lights out