2018 Camp Dates
- July 9-13, 2018 (Chippewa: Grades 1-6) – Crosslake, MN
- July 16-20, 2018 (Flambeau: Grades 6-8) – Crosslake, MN
- July 23-27, 2018 (Namekagon: Grades 9-11) – Crosslake, MN
- July 30-August 3, 2018 (Nokasippi: Grades 1-11) – Elkhorn, WI
Registration opens March 1st – deadline May 1st
Camp Odayin’s residential program is for children with heart disease in grades 1-11, who would benefit from connecting with other young people who may share similar health, emotional, and social concerns. Camper eligibility is determined upon recommendation by a pediatric cardiologist and approval by the Camp Odayin Medical Director. The camp director and your child’s cardiologist can help you assess if your child should apply to attend camp. The actual cost of Residential Camp is $900, but the only charge to a camper is $25.
Camper registration is available in early March, and are due in May. Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis. After your child’s registration is complete, you will receive transportation information, packing lists and additional details. Please contact us to request to be on our mailing list.
July 10-14 (Chippewa: Grades 1-6*) at Camp Knutson in Crosslake, MN – PHOTO ALBUM
July 17-21 (Flambeau: Grades 6-8*) at Camp Knutson in Crosslake, MN – PHOTO ALBUM
July 24-28 (Namekagon: Grades 9-11) at Camp Knutson in Crosslake, MN – PHOTO ALBUM
July 31-Aug 4 (Nokasippi: Grades 1-11) at Camp Lutherdale in Elkhorn, WI – PHOTO ALBUM
(New camp session near Milwaukee/Chicago!!)
Camp Odayin hosts Residential Camp in two locations, campers may choose to attend only one session/location of Residential Camp…
One Residential Camp session for campers in grades 1-11 is hosted at Camp Lutherdale in Elkhorn, WI on beautiful spring fed Lauderdale Lakes. Camp Lutherdale is located 45 miles from Milwaukee, 60 miles from Madison and 70 miles from Chicago. Round trip transportation is provided to Camp Lutherdale from Milwaukee. A bus leaves Monday morning and returns Friday afternoon.
Directions to Residential Camp at Camp Lutherdale
Three sessions, divided by age, are located at Camp Knutson in Crosslake, Minnesota on a peninsula of 30 acres of beautiful forest with a mile of private shoreline on Trout and Lower Whitefish Lakes. Camp Knutson is just a 3 hour drive north of the Minneapolis/ St.Paul area. Round trip transportation is provided to Camp Knutson from Minneapolis. A bus leaves Monday morning and returns Friday afternoon. The drop off and pick up site is close to the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport to accommodate our campers arriving via plane.
Download a map of directions to Residential Camp at Camp Knutson (187 KB)
A sample day at Camp Odayin
- 8:00 AM Flag raising
- 8:15 AM Breakfast
- 8:45 AM Cabin clean up
- 9:15 AM Three or four activity rotations (archery, horseback riding, arts & crafts, nature, boat rides, geocaching, and more) through out the morning.
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 PM Rest hour
- 2:30 PM Waterfront Time (Swimming, canoeing, waterskiing, tubing, snorkeling, paddleboats, fishing)
- 4:30 PM Cabin time/ Free time/ Shower hour
- 5:30 PM Dinner
- 6:00 PM All camp games/activities
- 6:30 PM Evening activities (such as campfire, carnival, disco BINGO, Hawaiian Luau, Country Ho Down, talent show)
- 9:00 PM Snack and Cabin closing
- 9:30/10:00 PM Lights out
Camp Odayin serves all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.