We are so grateful for administrative volunteers who support us in the less glamourous aspects of running a nonprofit organization! Our office is located in Oakdale, MN, but we periodically have projects that can be done remotely. We do not have a need for volunteers seeking a consistent or weekly schedule. Flexibility or an openness to volunteering as needed, oftentimes leading up to camps or fundraisers is especially appreciated. Unfortunately, we are also not able to accommodate volunteer groups.
Office volunteers assist our administrative office for projects such as:
- Preparing for an upcoming camp program by photocopying, making folders and alphabetizing
- Creating items for an upcoming fundraiser like making nametags or centerpieces
- Packing up virtual camp-in-a-boxes
- Reviewing the camp store merchandise to confirm inventory
- Data entry or taking home a stack of handwritten surveys to consolidate electronically
- Designing and painting a sign
Skills that are helpful:
- Have a heart for our campers and heart families
- Available during our office hours, Monday-Friday
- Appreciate directions and working on detailed projects
- Creative and ready to make improvements
- Computer skills (for those interested in remote projects)
- Really good at counting
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to join our contact list for office volunteers.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors are elected officials that provide guidance to ensure the continued success of camp while maintaining fiduciary and governance oversight to protect the interest of our donors. Our board is the engine behind our mission that helps set the strategic direction for our bright future. Interested in joining this team of fun, smart and forward-thinking people? Contact email@example.com.
Volunteers on the Diversity Council collaborate to foster and support an increase in diversity, equity, and inclusion among our heart family by identifying and minimizing barriers to participation. We are committed to creating a safe space where ALL people feel welcomed, respected and valued. With a firm dedication to promoting equality in our organization, the Diversity Council assists in furthering our strategic plan by exploring all aspects of our programming while always striving to learn and do better. Interested in joining this important work with these passionate and thoughtful people? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.