Mortimer’s Mates is a group created by an awesome volunteer committee of alumni campers! Camp Odayin alumni can join Mortimer’s Mates after high school graduation. During senior year, they are still able to attend Family Camp, Winter Camp, Ticker Talk, and Odayin camper events, therefore are not yet considered a former camper.
Join Mortimer’s Mates Alumni Group HERE to receive emailed updates and invitations to events!
Join the private Mortimer’s Mates Facebook group HERE to connect and share with other former Odayin campers online.
Learn about the Everyday Hero Scholarship Opportunity for individuals that have participated in Camp Odayin programs to support post-secondary education.
Feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions about the Mortimer’s Mates group!
The mission of Mortimer’s Mates is to:
- Unite a community of Camp Odayin alumni campers for opportunities to reconnect, learn, share, and support each other.
- Encourage, discuss challenges, and overcome barriers together as heart patients.
- Collaborate to create and lead alumni-led fundraisers that support Odayin’s camp programs.
As a member of Mortimer’s Mates, former campers can look forward to…
- A variety of alumni events where you can socialize with your camp friends, virtually and, eventually, in person near the Twin Cities
- Informative educational speakers and discussions about navigating life and advocating for yourself as an adult congenital heart patient
- A reunion for alumni campers
- Alumni-led fundraisers to support Camp Odayin
Past Events and Gatherings
- Lake Day – An afternoon of fun in the sun at Fish Lake Regional Park in Maple Grove, MN. (July 29, 2023)
- Virtual Book Club – Discussion of the book Healing Hearts and Minds by Tracey Livecchi and Liza Morton. (April 30, 2023)
- Pizza Party – Winter weather was too cold for an outdoor event, but that didn’t stop Mortimer’s Mates from gathering for a slice or two at Carbone’s! (February 4, 2023)
- Money Management – A night of fun and education including a game of Jeopardy. All attendees receive a limited edition branded t-shirt. (October 12, 2022)
- Summer BBQ – An afternoon in the park playing yard games and noshing on hamburgers and hot dogs. See photos! (August 13, 2022)
- Virtual Cabin Chat – An online evening playing Mafia and other camp-favorite party games. (April 30, 2022)
- Mortimer Sock Fundraiser – A successful fundraising campaign pre-selling special Mortimer socks to friends and family. 128 pairs were sold with proceeds going back to Odayin!
- Cabin Chat and Scavenger Hunt – Attendees connected and chatted, the individuals with the best costumes won gift cards. (November 7, 2021)
- Reunion Picnic – First in-person gathering that included lawn games, music, and throwback pictures. See photos! (August 29, 2021)
- Trivia Night – A group get together including bingo and Mafia where winners received Amazon gift cards. (May 31, 2021)
- First ever Virtual Trivia night – Alumni met virtually to connect, laugh and chat. (February 20, 2021)