February 12, 2022
WHAT: An ‘Arctic Adventure’ filled with frosty fun, outdoor play, and high adventure. Make memories as a family as you enjoy high ropes courses, a zipline, snowshoeing, ballfield games, broomball, and sledding. Tasty lunch, s’mores, hot drinks, and heaps of fun provided! There will be campfires throughout camp and all planned activities will be outdoors. There will be a large indoor space available as an optional area for warming up as a family.
WHO: The families of young people with heart disease in 12th grade and younger.
WHEN: Saturday, February 12th / 10-11 am arrival, activities planned until 4 pm
WHERE: West of the Twin Cities at Camp Ihduhapi, 3425 Ihduhapi Trail, Loretto, MN 55357
WHY: With the ongoing pandemic in mind, Arctic Adventure is intended as an alternative to offering Winter Camp this year. Please thoroughly review the COVID-19 precautions below.
HOW: Bring the whole family for $25. You decide the level of payment you are comfortable with during the registration process. We will cover your cost to attend if you are unable. Families are also encouraged to access our travel stipend of $300 per family in order to ease the burden of accommodation & transportation expenses.
REGISTER BY FEBRUARY 1ST
Arctic Adventure Precautions
Maintaining the health and safety of all participants is Camp Odayin’s primary concern. Please thoroughly read the possibility of cancelation and precautions before registering your family. We encourage and support consultation with your child’s cardiologist to assess their risk and determine if participation is advised.
POSSIBILTY OF CANCELATION:
- Camp Odayin will only host Arctic Adventure if we are in compliance with COVID-19 recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health at the time of the event.
- We will cancel if the forecasted temperature is below 15 degrees. (NWS Windchill Chart)
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS & PARTICIPANT EXPECTATIONS:
- Plan to arrive healthy! Participants are asked to please consider limiting their exposure with unvaccinated people or crowds for two weeks prior to your arrival at Arctic Adventure.
- Masks or face coverings will be required at all times including outdoors, with the exception of eating or drinking.
- We strongly recommend all individuals take a COVID-19 test and receive a negative result within 24 hours of attending.
- Camp Odayin strongly encourages all eligible staff and campers to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Families, staff, and volunteers are expected to take their temperatures before leaving home. A temperature of 100.4 or lower is required to attend.
- Families, staff and volunteers will complete a COVID-19 Health Screening upon arrival, along with Camp Ihduhapi’s waiver.
- If you choose to go indoors, you will have a designated table where you can keep your family’s belongings, warm up, and eat/drink. Please only sit with your family unit. There will also be several bonfires set up outside nearby for keeping warm.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children (of all ages) all day. This includes when children need to go indoors. We will have volunteers available to support you if needed.
- Camp Odayin will cancel Arctic Adventure if the forecasted temperature is below 15 degrees. (NWS Windchill Chart)
- Camp Odayin will provide hand and toe warmers for all participants.
- Participants are expected to dress warmly in a coat, boots, thick gloves, and a hat.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.