Family Camp is for families who have a child with heart disease from birth to 12th grade, who would benefit from connecting with other families who share similar health, emotional, and social concerns. In addition to your young person with CHD, Camp Odayin welcomes family members of all ages (we love babies and grandparents), as the weekend is for anyone in need of the opportunity to grow their community of heart families.
Camp Odayin’s Family Camp takes place in the Fall each year. Camp Odayin hosts two Family Camp experiences in different regions of the Midwest. Families may choose to attend either session, but may only attend one. Both sessions begin on Friday with registration between 4:00-5:00 pm and activities run until noon on Sunday. Family Camp is a two night commitment. View details for our Family Camp near Milwaukee & Chicago.
Camper registration is available online in late August and closes October 1st. The weekend registration includes all activities, meals, and accommodations. Two weeks prior to Family Camp, registered families will receive packing lists, authorization forms and additional details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to be added to our heart family email list to receive future applications and opportunities to gather.
Payment & Financial Support
The cost to attend Family Camp is $25 per person, or whatever a family chooses to pay. Payment options within registration start at $0 to ensure that cost is not a barrier to joining us. Families who choose to pay more than $25 receive a tax receipt for their additional contribution. If you have questions on the cost of camp, contact the Camp Odayin office at email@example.com.
If it would be beneficial to your family, Camp Odayin offers transportation support by reimbursing up to $200 for your travel costs. Contact the Camp Odayin office at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on the travel cost reimbursement process.
What to Expect at Family Camp
Family Camp is a wonderful weekend where heart kids can share the magic of camp with their families. Here are some of the highlights you can expect to enjoy:
- Themed activities for all ages including family team building, volunteer service projects, arts & crafts, scavenger hunt, costumes, and games
- Parent session with medical professionals
- New friends and a supportive community for all family members
- Best talent show in town
- Free time to explore camp and the great outdoors
- Lodging to meet your needs – private housing, shared housing with another family, hotel style living, and more rustic cabins
Here is how families manage to squeeze all this fun into a typical day at Family Camp:
- 8:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:30 AM Activity 1
- 10:30 AM Activity 2
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:30 PM Educational Parent Opportunity
- 1:30 PM Programs/Opportunities for Kids
- 3:30 PM Free time for families: Time to rest, explore, and purchase Camp Odayin merchandise
- 5:30 PM Dinner
- 6:30 PM Evening Program
- 7:45 PM Movie and free time
Click here to see photos from the last session of Minnesota Family Camp!